Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Edge of the Pit Room

Showing Embla's position next to the door beyond, along with the nine pits she can see, with glowing objects surrounding each pit edge.  On closer observation, the glowing might be distinctly green.

I realize the room's hex numbers are difficult to read, with the infravision filter overtop. I'll remove the filter if something happens: for the moment, I want to ensure that we understand the actual colors here.

The tilted square at the bottom represents the wide slope reaching down to the wall, which is on Embla's right.  The straight line on her left is, in fact, natural wall (I just haven't taken the time to make it properly rough).

Anything else that's needed to give a good sense of what can be seen?  There ought to be a light halo showing at Embla's back, but I'm still struggling with the graphic.

5 comments:

Engelhart Askjellson said...

Whatever it is, it looks to be contained.

I cautiously approach to 0509, torch in one hand, maul and lantern in the other.

Alexis Smolensk said...

That will spoil Embla's infravision, and will also cause me to make a stealth roll for Engelhart, as he makes his way down the slope. I'm going to let others make a move before giving the result of that roll. I'd like to hear from Lothar and Pandred; Embla, please hold off for a moment.

What does Lothar and Pandred do as the cleric begins down the stone slope?

Pandred said...

I'll follow from 10ft behind Engelhart. If something's going to happen, I want the high ground and this nice bottleneck we've got.

Lothar Svensson said...

I stay side-by-side with Pandred, quarterstaff in hand.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Lothar can't manage side by side with Pandred; the slope of the stone, and the need to move to the bottom to hug the wall, forces you both into a line, with Lothar behind the fighter.

The next post is up.