Friday, February 2, 2018

Kennel Round 2 ~ The Beast Staggers to Its Feet

[As I prefer to begin my posts with the enemy's attack, we'll call the combined effort of Embla through assassination and attacking as "round 1," and call this the beginning of "round 2."]


The beast is groggy, standing and shifting to its right, into hex 0602.  It rolls a "3" on a d20, missing Embla.

Thus, not a good start for the thing.

The beast is in Fjall's line of sight, who will remain in 1101 in order to fire his crossbow (heavy, yes?).  Lothar and Bergthora can rush past.  It will take 2 AP for Lothar to reach 0903, Bergthora will take 3 AP to get there.

I know you guys have been dropping equipment and so on.  Could you please confirm your movement at this time, and bring me up to date on your present hit points?  I'm pretty sure the numbers I have on my table are inaccurate.

Updated after the Party's Move:


And my details for the party.  Please correct anything that is inaccurate.  There is no rush to fill in the "Weight carried" column.


11 comments:

Lothar Svensson said...

[Just leaving the office, will chime in when I get home.]

Engelhart Askjellson said...

I engage through 0701 and swing my maul.

Attack Roll: 9.

[I don't know if my background feature of +1 against low intelligence critters applies here.]

I'm at 22 Hp (from a maximum of 30), AC 6 (Banded Mail), 4AP.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Good, numbers recorded. Also a miss.

Lothar Svensson said...

Lothar and Bergthora have 4 AP, Fjall has 3 AP.

Hit points:
Lothar 24/30
Bergthora 9/9
Fjall 1/8

Fjall fires the heavy crossbow and retreats.
Attack: 7
Bugger.

From 0903 Lothar moves to 0804 then 0703. Shield and leather armor make him AC 7.

Bergthora moves to 0803 from 0903, with shortsword and shield in studded leather, AC 6.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Got it.

Pandred will be free to move through 0703 or 0803, as he'll be there before Lothar or Bergthora are. If he wants to end in those hexes, I'll shift Lothar or Bergthora left or right.

Fjall's willing to retreat, but only one hex so he can start reloading his crossbow next round.

Awaiting Pandred and Embla.

Embla Strand said...

I stand my ground and attack again with the battleaxe.

12 on the die for a total of 13. 9 damage.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Embla hits AC 6 and it's not enough. She misses.

Don't forget to let me know your updated move after shifting stuff out of the kitchen and your present hit points, Embla.

Embla Strand said...

I have 5 AP and 18hp.

Pandred said...

I'll make my way to 0603.

Status report:

HP 5 (MAX 21)

AC 2 (Plate Armor, Shield)

AP: 3

Note: I miscalculated my AP last round like a doofus. If that means I need to start my move from 1004 then I would like to end my move in 0901 instead.

Alexis Smolensk said...

No, that's okay Pandred; I have you at 3 AP on my original chart, which is what I was basing things on. I'll get everyone moved and post again, though I would imagine I won't see much movement on the weekend (it is up to you!).

Alexis Smolensk said...

The post above is updated. Engelhart, Banded mail and no shield makes you AC 3, not 4. You can check that on the wiki.

The next post is also up.