Monday, February 5, 2018

Kennel Round 6 ~ Things Look Dire

Right up front, let me deal with Embla suffering 1 point of damage from the wound. Then, incidental damage causes both Embla and Lothar 1 damage.  This latter damage, unfortunately for the party, will stun Embla,

[I haven't made any rules for the order in which incidental damage occurs with regards to regular damage; does it happen before the creature attacks, or after?  Seems to me it should be randomly either one.  Since the order has to be determined only when it has the chance to stun, such as in this situation, when the beast is also attacking that same person, it hasn't come up before]

A random die indicates the incidental damage occurs before the beast attacks with its claw, so Embla is kicked back for 1 damage from the incidental into 0503.

The beast then bites at Lothar, hitting AC -3.  Lothar will take 7 damage from the bite, which is sufficient to knock him back into Engelhart's hex, 0501.  This will encourage the beast; ignoring Embla, it bounds forward to attack 0501, where both the ranger and cleric are now somewhat entangled and caught in the hex together, giving the beast a +2 bonus to hit with its claw.  I'll roll a 50/50 chance to see which person the attack lands on, but first I'll roll to hit.

I will roll a 2.  A miss.

Here is the ending position for the round against the party:


Engelhart, Bergthora and Fjall are capable of taking action.  I haven't put symbols over Embla and Lothar (forgot), but they're both stunned.  Engelhart must move out of 0501 to attack.  Fjall will move to the bottom of the stairs, 1004, and fire the crossbow.

Following the party's move, such is the arrangement:


And the experience so far:


11 comments:

Lothar Svensson said...

Fjall's attack roll for the crossbow: 14

Lothar Svensson said...

Pandred, do you have a dagger Bergthora can loot and toss at the thing?

Alexis Smolensk said...

You were supposed to hit with the crossbow, Fjall.

Bergthora will jump in with her weapon. She can take a hit. She's still game to fight; earlier, I didn't mean to imply that she was afraid, only that she was willing to let Lothar handle it. But she will put herself in front of Lothar gratefully to protect him a round.

I should have said that Engelhart can ALSO thrust Lothar out of his hex; pardon me that oversight. If the cleric will do so into 0602, Bergthora will leap into 0502 and swing.

Engelhart Askjellson said...

Consider it done, Alexis. Had a mind to do just that (push Lothar onto hex 0602, I mean).

I swing with the maul. Had a mind to cast a spell, but this ultra-disappointing round kind of changes everything. If only Berthora had closed to point-blank range before throwing her dagger...

Engelhart Askjellson said...

Attack Roll: 8.

I brace for onslaught. Time for ole'Engelhart to get ravaged, it seems.

Hopefully, I'll withstand the beast long enough for you guys to operate some sort of miracle.

Oh, with my last AP I cry for Fjall to try and do something about this! Daggers, Carrots, I don't care!

(Also, just remembered, where the fuck is Wylla!?)

Lothar Svensson said...

Bergthora steps up into 0502 and attacks with her short sword.
Attack: 14. (Close, so I'll roll damage just in case)
Damage: 6. (Of course)

Not that the thing will sneeze and catch it's eyeball on the end of her sword, but I can hope.

Embla Strand said...

Willa is guarding the treasure we hauled across the bridge.

Engelhart Askjellson said...

[I know, I know, just that she might have heard the fracas, by some slim chance, anything to hold on to].

Alexis Smolensk said...

Bergthora would have still missed.

[The armor class for this thing is AC 4. You guys keep coming so CLOSE, but no cigar]

That's another round of misses. You're all doing mighty well at staying alive ...

Okay. I'll start setting up a new post.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The post above is updated with the player's moves and positions, as well as X.P.

Working on the next post.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The next post is up.