Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Hiatus for Notes

I'd like to take a moment to clear up any details.

Rob, I really can't think of a way to describe your "trunk club."  How do you feel about giving it a name, something druidically groovy, that we can try to remember to call it.

When rolling to see the break on a magical weapon, the usual "break die" is rolled twice, and a 1 must occur on both dice for the weapon to break, or lose one from its modifier.  For example, Lothar's weapon would lose its normal +1 effect, but retain +1 of its ability against amphibians and reptiles.  A sword normally breaks on a 1 in 6, so a magical sword breaks 1 in 36.  Rob's club, similarly would break on two 1s rolled on 2d4, or a 1 in 16 chance of breaking.

Which would be a pity, but there are always more magical weapons.

I think that I failed to update the total experience of the party based on the amount of experience gained from the magic items.  Here's my spreadsheet at present on the players, not including the party's attacks on round 16.  Can you confirm my XP totals, or are they hundreds of points off?

Does not include experience for present battle

Does anyone have any questions they've been holding back because there's been a combat?

9 comments:

Lothar Svensson said...

I have my current XP total as 9041, which does not include any XP from the ongoing battle. The last few XP adds I have recorded are 600 from the magic sword, 1375 from the druid mind-meld, 224 from the doppelbear battle, and 129 from the pillarbeast.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Yes, I seem to have forgotten the magic additions.

I expect to be off a few dozen here or there, as I am if I add 600 to my total, which would put you at 8912, instead of 9041. Adding the 129 for the pillar beast gives me 9041, your number.

I'll go through and update my totals for what the magic and pillarbeast added.

Rob Munro said...

By my count, which you confirmed a few post ago ,I was at 1994 before the battle.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Yeah, I did add those numbers ... but didn't save the excel file.

Engelhart Askjellson said...

I have my total as 10411 Xp, present combat excluded.

Alexis Smolensk said...

[Hello. I want to give a heads up. I'm supposed to play tomorrow, last day of the month, and then not on the first wednesday and the first tuesday of August.

[Unfortunately, yesterday I had to see a doctor about an infection, with pain involved, and no motivation to do anything but lay about. And today I had work, an interview and a very hot day. I'm fine, but I'm going to need to work on my Masterclass Post tomorrow, which I had intended to write yesterday. So ... I'll take tomorrow off the campaign, we'll play Wednesday, then the following Wednesday and be back on schedule.

[Unless this interview pans out, in which case all bets are off and we'll have to work out something else. Sorry, but my fingers are crossed]

Embla Strand said...

That's just fine. I hope things go well.

Embla Strand said...

Furthermore, factoring the experience from the fight from round 15, I have Embla at 7,969xp.

Unknown said...

Factoring in xp from the battle, I have myself down for 2,737 xp. Good luck on the interview