Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Ice Lake Round 13 ~ Whittling Down the Party's HP


The crowd has begun to thin, but the party has lost hit points and stunning is probably going to be more of a problem. [writing this before rolling attacks!]

Three creatures attack Embla.  The larva in 1623 hits Embla with an 18, causing 3 damage, not stunning.  The larva in 1624 misses with a 6.  And the larva in 1722 hits with a modified 15, causing 4 damage.  That misses stunning Embla by 1 point, as I believe the 3 points reduced Embla to a total of 17.  Embla is not stunned this round, and (by my calculations) has 13 hp left.

Three creatures attack Engelhart.  1922 misses with a 3.  2013 misses with a modified 13.  And 2024 misses with a modified 11.  The cleric is very grateful for the armor class.

Two creatures attack Lothar.  1725 misses with a 3.  But the larva in 1826 hits with a 19, causing 2 points of damage.  Lothar shrugs it off, not stunned.

One creature attacks Mikael.  It misses with a 3.

One creature attacks Rob.  It misses with an 11.

Following the party's action, the positions stand as follows:


And corrected experience so far.


19 comments:

Unknown said...

I attack 1823. "Embla, lets link back up." (2 AP)

Mod attack: 12
Mod damage: 2

That ends my turn

Lothar Svensson said...

I attack 1925 again.

Attack: Natural 1. Follow up: 17 on a d20.

Well bugger.

Unknown said...

If 1823 is dead,I whirl to face 1724.

Rob Munro said...

Let's break the encirclement !

I attack the one in 2024.

Attack 12
Damage 5

Alexis Smolensk said...

The weapon falls in your own hex, Lothar.

That misses, Mikael.

That's also a miss, Rob.

Engelhart Askjellson said...

I attack 1922, as usual.

Attack roll: natural 1.

Breakage roll:?? I got a 4 in 2d6.

It seems Lothar and I are psychically linked or something...

Lothar Svensson said...

Too bad no one in the party has Numerology as a Sage ability.

Lothar Svensson said...

(I also rolled a 1 on the damage die since I roll them at the same time)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Lothar, I do need 2d6, not another d20, on the breakage of your weapon. Engelhart, your weapon is fine, it also falls in your own hex.

Embla Strand said...

Alexis, I only count Embla as having taken 12 damage prior to this round, not the 18 listed on the previous table - Was the 6 damage you listed before or after doubling the damage for the creature's critical hit?

Regardless, I am not stunned. I swing at 1724.

2 on the die, 5 damage. I'm really sorry, folks.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Looking back over the rounds, Embla. Took 7 damage this round. 6 damage in round 11. 3 damage in round 9. 3 damage in round 7. You're right. That's a total of 19. Clearly, I counted the 6 damage from the critical hit twice. I'll fix it.

Embla Strand said...

That leaves me with 19 health left.

Lothar Svensson said...

9 on 2d6

Alexis Smolensk said...

Apart from Lothar's correct roll for the weapon break, we're good to move forward. Working on the update.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Weapon is fine, Lothar. Takes snake eyes to break it.

Engelhart Askjellson said...

I use my remaining AP to pick the maul back up.

Lothar Svensson said...

So noted.

Engelhart Askjellson said...

(What a bear of a round, this is what I was fearing might happen, for everything that goes up must eventually come down.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

The next post is up.